The Tec 45 course follows Tec 40, and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course.
During the course, you will
– use basic technical diving equipment
– learn the skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres
– gain the knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of Enriched Air/Nitrox or oxygen, to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops
– learn that there would be no time limit to amount of decompression
– learn to prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
– master the basic skills and procedures that you will need to move into deeper technical diving
– use PADI course materials
You will use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
tec diving terminology
decompression and stage cylinder handling
The Crew-Pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. You will continue using to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through to the PADI Tec 50 Diver course.
Minimum age: 18 years. Minimum of 50 logged dives including 10 Enriched Air/Nitrox dives, 12 dives deeper than 18m, 6 dives deeper than 30m. PADI Advanced Diver certification or equivalent, PADI Rescue Diver certification or equivalent, PADI Deep Diver Specialty certification or equivalent, PADI Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver certification or equivalent, PADI Tec 40 certification or equivalent.